I’m very patient. The things I’ve done..
Huntsville Memorial Hospital – Huntsville, TX
I. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of a licensed nurse (RN, LVN, shift manager, House Supervisor), the Sitter provides observation and minimal ADL assistance with a constant focus on safety in the medical and suicidal patient population. Assists in the provision of a safe and clean environment. Promotes the therapeutic milieu and the efficiency of the nursing team. Provides assistance with activities of daily living based upon established competencies, unless the patient needs are such that adverse health consequences are predictable.
A. Communication Skills:
1. Able to read, write and speak English.
2. Able to maintain calm demeanor and provide care with dignity and respect during stressful encounters
One year experience in healthcare setting preferred.Medical Terminology preferred.
C. Required Skills:
1. Under the general supervision of a licensed nurse (RN, LVN, shift manager), the Sitter provides observation and minimal ADL assistance as applicable to established competency with a constant focus on safety in the medical and suicidal patient population.
2. Mental concentration required. Requires excellent communication skills.
3. The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment and therapeutic milieu based on the age of the patients served.
Suzi's Cover Letter:
I’m a very relaxed gal. And I used to be a babysitter, so… I have lots of experience. One time, a dude paid me $100 to sit for 30 minutes on slices of cheddar cheese that he was gonna use for a cookout. That’s a long time.
I’m always up for a new challenge. I think your method of health care is awesome and cutting edge. I guess sitting on someone is calming and healing. Most people I set on get excited, so I hope I can be effective…
Patients Is a Virtue,
I'm just your average girl who wants a kick-ass life and... love! If I could be a superhero, that would be AWESOME! I'm currently a "phone actress" looking for a really cool career. Don't get me wrong-- I love giving a hand to dudes who need someone to chat with. Everybody needs somebody! But, my parents keep telling me I need a respectable job. Sigh.