Maybe you got proposed to for Valentine’s Day. Congrats! Now it’s time to get into planning mode. So, how ‘bout that dress?
Designer Madeline Gardner has the inside scoop on what’s trending for the bride in 2020. Seriously. She’s been crafting the most beautiful bridal gowns, prom, and Quinceanera dresses for more than 25 years. Oh—and she sketched Meghan Markle’s wedding gowns from the TV coverage, and had them produced and available within 10 days of the royal wedding.
Gardner says to watch for:
1. Plunging Backs and Plunging v-necklines.
2. Whimsical Skirts. Fairytale weddings are very popular.
3. Ball Gowns! Think "Tara" large, whooshing and whirling or layers of soft tulle with flowing, layered skirts.
4. Super Wow, dramatic trains that tell a story. Remember Meghan Markle's veil featuring gorgeous, intricate embroidery specifically with the signature flowers from all of the countries in the British Commonwealth. Well, since then, brides have been eyeing sweep and fishtail to statement-making trains. Personalization and customization is happening where brides are adding touching details to the fabric of their wedding dress.
5. Beyond the Veil. Sophisticated, classic silhouettes are trending. Paired with lace-edged, long dramatic statement veils. Nostalgic or embellished, veils are available in different lengths, shapes and color.
6. Voluminous Puff sleeves. Dreamy. Romantic. Detachable.
7. Sexy, lingerie bodices. See-through ideal for beach and beachy weddings.
Find these gorgeous gowns on Morilee’s website.
Go get ‘em, girls. Enjoy your picture-perfect day—because it’s going to be no matter what!
Comments are closed.
Haus of V is a creative collective that shares a similar mindset -- with a twist.