There’s barbecue sauce. And then there’s barbecue sauce. Are we right? Many are experts and have very picky tastebuds. We feel ya.
See if Bachan’s Japanse Barbecue moves you. If the Japanese can make us gaga for Yum Yum sauce, then…
This sauce is cold-filled and small batch crafted in California from an heirloom family recipe. All 10 ingredients are non-GMO and mostly organic.
So this is a health food, right?
Here’s a Bachan recipe to try:
1 lb Ground Chicken
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce
½ cup Panko Bread Crumb
1 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
2 tsp. Chinese Five Spice
1 tsp Salt
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Cilantro
2 Green Onions 2 tbsp Sesame Oi Sesame Seeds (garnish)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, 2 tbsp Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce, panko bread crumbs, grated ginger, egg, Chinese five spice, salt and ¼ cup cilantro.
2. Combine until well mixed. Take mixture and form into meatballs.
3. In a skillet, add sesame oil and fry meatballs until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Add ¼ cup of Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce to skillet and toss over meatballs.
5. Garnish with additional cilantro and sesame seeds.
Haus of V is a creative collective that shares a similar mindset -- with a twist.